Before You Travel
- DAN members have great benefits for those diving trips and we want to help you prepare.
- DAN's emergency evacuation benefits provides up to R600 000 of medical evacuation assistance coverage as well as a multitude of additional traveling benefits. The DAN's emergency evacuation benefits ares only available for non-diving injuries.
- How to Manage Diving Problems by Dr Allan Kayle includes extensive coverage of dive safety and health issues and the latest information on dive travel safety.
Before You Leave
- Put a copy of the "How to Manage Diving Problems" by Dr Allan Kayle with your plane tickets to take with you.
- Call DAN to make sure your membership is adequate and current.
- Compare the various membership plans to make sure you have all the coverage you need.
- Talk to a DAN Medic if you have any questions regarding your health and travel, or your health and diving.
- The four most important categories of pre-travel precautions are:
- Vaccinations & immunisations
- Malaria prophylaxis
- Diarrhea management
- Behavioral counseling
In addition to the resources and services provided by DAN, there are several excellent outside resources to provide information you'll need before you leave home.
The Travel Clinic
Their team of skilled, qualified, professional and caring medical staff can assist you with all your travel health requirements. Services consist of:
- Advice and the assessment of health risks associated with travel, whether by land, air or sea.
- Up-to-the-minute information on 84 different hazards in more than 250 countries, which means advice, can be specifically tailored to each individual’s journey.
- A comprehensive range of vaccines, and all Netcare Travel Clinics are registered Yellow Fever Immunisation Centres.
- Malaria medication tailor-made for your specific needs, as well as a range of Travel Kits, insect repellents, bed-nets
- Cross Border Medicals in alignment with Occupational Health Requirements
The outcome will result in...
- Peace of Mind
- Education on risk reductions regarding accidents and injury
- Prevention of Travel Illness & disease
- Arrive home healthy
Have a query? Contact the Travel Clinic at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.travelclinic.co.za. If you are not currently a DAN Member but would like to take advantage of our many travel benefits, join DAN today!